Molnlycke Mepilex Transfer Dressing
Mepilex Transfer is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimises the risk for maceration. As the Safetac layer seals around the wound, the foam structure of Mepilex Transfer allows the exudate to move vertically into a secondary absorbent pad, maintaining a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Transfer can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Benefits of Mepilex Transfer
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Transfers exudate away from the wound
- Stays in place allowing for “hands-free” to facilitate application
of compression or retention bandages
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use:
Mepilex Transfer is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as fungating tumours, epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), donor sites, venous leg ulcers. Mepilex Transfer can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and/or large areas with fragile skin.