Molnlycke Mepilex Lite Self-adherent Soft Silicone Foam Dressing
Mepilex Lite is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate
to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimises the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Benefits of Mepilex Lite
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Stays in place allowing for “hands-free” to facilitate application of
compression or retention bandages
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use
Mepilex Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, e.g. skin tears and secondary healing wounds.