Oral Medicine Infant / Baby Syringe Dispenser
PLEASE ENSURE THE CORRECT SYRINGE/BRAND IS CHOSEN
Precision Oral/Enteral Dispenser Pack
Oral Syringe Dispenser Pack with Universal Adaptor to fit Liquid Medicine Bottles
Ideal for administering medicines for infants, young children, domestic pets & veterinary use
- New Purple Colour Barrel as recommended by N.P.S.A (National Patient Safety Agency)
- Latex free
- British Standards Approved. BS 3221 7;95
- Easily distinguished from intravenous syringes
- Ideal for dispensing medicines to infants
- CE Mark
- Easy to use
- Clear graduations
British Standards & CE Approved for all sizes where these standards exist
Manufactured in the USA to stringent UK standards
1. Press adapter into bottle neck
2. Insert syringe tip
3. Turn bottle upside down and withdraw the required dose. (If air bubbles are present empty back into bottle and try again)
4. Stand bottle upright and carefully remove dispenser
5. Point dispenser to the inside of the cheek and gently depress the plunger, allowing time for swallowing
6. Remove adapter from the neck of the bottle and replace cap
7. Wash thoroughly after use
- Avoid squirting fast or directing to the back of the mouth as this could cause choking.
- When possible, have the patient sitting up before giving medicine.
- Never use any other syringe than the one provided with this pack. This has been specially designed for the oral use and is not compatible with needles.
- Wash thoroughly after use.
- Store in a clean, dry place.
- Throw away, if markings are unclear or the dispenser is damaged in any way.
Medicine Oral/Enteral Syringe
The Medicina ranges of oral/enteral syringes have been developed to deliver enteral feeds, medicines and flushes to neonatal, paediatric and adult patients safely
The syringes, tubes and accessories are all fitted with a reverse Luer connector and coloured purple to clearly dffferentiate the enteral feed lines from the other patient access lines. The reverse Luer connector will not fit intravenous equipment and eliminates the risk of harm to patients from accidental misconnections. In addition the use of a standard reverse Luer allows the syringes to be connected and used with all other enteral equipment without the use of adapters.
This system of safety syringes and accessories provides a ‘trust-wide’ solution for safer enteral access because all the components are compatible with all other enteral feeding systems used within the hospital. A compatible and complimentary home feeding system is also available ensuring a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Medicina also has a complete range of automatically retractable safety syringes. These low-cost alternatives to standard syringes are designed to prevent needlestick injuries. As the injection is made, the needle is automatically withdrawn into the plunger of the syringe making them safer and easier to use. They are available in all sizes and with several needle size options. More information to follow soon.