A safe and reliable solution for the destruction and disposal of controlled drugs
For use with tablets, powders, liquids and ampoules.(glass can be added too)
This Controlled Drugs disposal kit is a highly convenient and cost-effective solution for denaturing controlled drugs, thereby rendering them harmless and without value. These kits are an effective and appropriate means of destroying drugs.
It is recognised as as the securest way to denature drugs to render them safe without value. It is quick and easy to use
Compliant with 1985 Misuse of Drugs Regulations (amended).
- Hazardous Waste (England & Wales) Regulations 2005
- Special Waste Ammendment (Scotland) Regulations 2004
- Controlled Waste (Duty of Care) Regulations 2004 (Northern Ireland) 2002
- Hazardous Waste Regulations (Northern Irelands) 2005
- Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) Regulations 1991
- Environmental Protection Act 1990
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment 2004 (as amended 2005)
- Regulation 27(1) Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001
- Waste Management Licensing Regulations 1994, Schedule 3
250ml – 7cm diameter, 8cm high
500ml – 11cm diameter, 8cm high
1000ml – 10.5cm diameter, 12cm high
2000ml – 10.5cm diameter, 21cm high
Instruction for Use
CD’s should be removed from their blister packs where necessary and crushed. Crushed tablets and any liquids should be emptied into the disposal kit and water added as indicated. The contents should then be shaken until fully mixed. The whole kit should subsequently be disposed of in the relevant waste bin.
Health and Safety Precautions
Users should ensure that CD’s are disposed of carefully and in line with all relevant legislation. Sites may wish to undertake a risk management to ensure adherence to Health and Safety policies. The contents of the CD Destruction Kit should never be removed.